Friday, November 2, 2012

extraexploit memories

Months and years ago, I spent a lot of nights trying to expose what the cyber security was (is) on the field and not just from an academic point of view, although, my first blog post was quiet close to the academic point of view (the top cc tld called by conficker.C). A lot of posts never completed.  Other posts have been used by other researcher. Here i founded, thanks to mere random clicks sequences, a repository where I founded one of my most interesting (IMHO) posts in my past.. I spent nights to track and logs URLs , was a funny period where all was did just to try to show something. I don't know if this link is trusted or not, so any bad consequence, is not my fault:


"some considerations on Ettercap source code repository breach"

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s9/note/cb2b312e-1a9d-4b3f-91a2-385dfa2469e9/wishi/crazylazy#b=5370c944-5bb8-45c1-b73a-cfe46216db32&n=cb2b312e-1a9d-4b3f-91a2-385dfa2469e9

Another good entry was the BGPlay "movie" during the Egypt protest where Internet was obscured by the Egyptian authorities of that moment:

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2011/01/egypt-unplugged-from-the-internet/

I still remember that  "ugly" movie that I released, but was has been used by a lot of media agencies to show what happens  when a country is isolated by the rest of the World from a Internet connectivity point of view.

Other posts have been mentioned in security advisories and so on. I would like just to say thank you to all the people that in that time have followed me and thanks to them I learned still more. This is the 100th post. The last one :-). Thank you very much to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment